- Mustafa Mattan Shooting: Muslims React To Murder In Canada ‘Ignored’ By Mainstream Media
By Zoe Mintz, IB Times February 13 2015
- The REAL ‘Lone Ranger’ Was An African American Lawman Who Lived With Native American Indians, By PBSpot Admin October 25, 2013
- None is Still Too Many: An Historical Exploration of Canadian Immigration Legislation As It Pertains to People with Disabilities, Roy Hanes, MSW, PhD, Associate Professor of Social Work
- Muslim women in Canada have high levels of equality, researchers say, Peter Boisseau U. of T. News February 4, 2015
- Moscow conference draws fascists, neo-Confederates,
Please consider echoing my appeal for solidarity.
I’d like to start by thanking everyone for their solidarity to this point. I’ve lived far more comfortably and with greater support than most others in prison. To be blunt, your constant insistence that I never feel forgotten has literally saved my life. I know that if early on I had not had that reassurance I would have committed suicide. So, thank you all for carrying me, kicking and screaming, throughout this.
Today I come to you with a dire need. When I pled guilty to the charges made against me I ...........READ MORE
All power to the people!
Northern State Prison, like most prisons, constitutes one huge cesspool of corruption, connected to one huge machine called Mass Incarceration. This huge machine conforms to the capitalist logic of maximization of the rate of profit.
Our minds and bodies (mental and manual labor) in the Mass Incarceration system undergird the foundation of profit. They utilize our labor power to manufacture “things” that are then put on the “Market” for a price. We get nothing in return. Northern State Prison is a part of that nation-wide system of exploitation.
So for 15 years – ...........READ MORE
AK Press, the radical distributor of Kersplebedeb Publications in the united states, is having a sale on e-books. This is timely, as Kersplebedeb has just finished arrangements for many of our books to be available as e-books via AK Press. So this is kind of a special opportunity, for a limited time, those of you into kindle or ipad or nexus or whatever reading, can download these titles at half price! Kersplebedeb’s titles on AK’s site are listed below (and you can see a complete list of AK’s own digital downloads, also at half price, by clicking here): ...........READ MORE
Divided World Divided Class charts the history of the ‘labour aristocracy’ in the capitalist world system, from its roots in colonialism to its birth and eventual maturation into a full-fledged middle class in the age of imperialism. It argues that pervasive national, racial and cultural chauvinism in the core capitalist countries is not primarily attributable to ‘false class consciousness’, ideological indoctrination or ignorance as much left and liberal thinking assumes. Rather, these and related forms of bigotry are concentrated expressions of the major social strata of the core capitalist nations’ shared economic interest in the exploitation and repression of dependent ...........READ MORE
We have a victory! Our enemy buckled under the People Power you sent there way. We in NABPP-PC say that unity passes through struggle. Hopefully these last 60 days brought you all closer to realizing that the Power of the People is Stronger than the walls of Repression.
On 2-26-15 I was transported to South Woods State Prison. About 10 minutes before crossing into Philadelphia (PA) – deep into South Jersey. I was placed in a specially designed Isolation Unit that hold only 20 men (more on this place in a ...........READ MORE
The most visible change during my tenure as Correctional Investigator has been the growth in the overall size, complexity and diversity of the offender population. It is not a new observation that some of Canada’s minority, vulnerable or disadvantaged groups are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system. These trends are accelerating within federal prisons. Since March 2005, the federal inmate population has increased by 17.5%. Over the same period, the Aboriginal population grew by 47.4% and Black offenders by over 75%. These groups now comprise 22 8% and 9 8% of the total incarcerated population respectively. The federally sentenced ...........READ MORE
“We are an image from the future.”
— graffiti in greece, 2008
Rebellion has ruptured the placid suffering of yesterday.
Those of us who have acknowledged the ongoing class war in this society, siding with the oppressed, have seen these moments before. Moments where the police are turned back, overran; where anything becomes possible after they have been routed. But always these moments were brief glimpses of what we are capable of — always control reestablishes itself and snuffs out the many worlds we are creating.
Never before in my lifetime has rebellion been so far-spread, capable of sustaining itself ...........READ MORE
Written by Ben Turk, published January 6, 2015, on Toward Freedom
Last month Ferguson burned. Amidst the images of flames, teargas and blockages, there were as many people with cameras and cell phones as signs or molotovs. Everyone seemed to recognize the significance of these events, but there are many competing interpretations. As fighting and protests continue in the street, debates and hand-wringing about race, protest tactics, and the American police state, have exploded on the internet and in the media. At this moment, all these questions are open in more minds than they have been since the late sixties ...........READ MORE
- We Can’t Breathe without control of our destiny!
- We Can’t Breathe under neo-colonialism!
- We Can’t Breathe with capitalism’s hands around our throats!
- We Can’t Breathe under bourgeois democracy!
- We Can’t Breathe under genocidal violence!
- We Can’t Breathe under imperialism!
- The Can’t Breathe in overcrowded u.s. prisons!
- We Can’t Breathe under amerikan dyseducation!
- We Can’t Breathe believing the lies that we are amerikans!
- We Can’t Breathe as soldiers in your military!
- We Can’t Breathe under reformist slogans like “No justice No peace!”
- We Can’t Breathe being mis-led by oppo-same preachers, teachers & presidents!
- We Can’t Breathe under your pledge of allegience,