i was born Nov 13, 1963. Raised in South Central Los Angeles, by a phenomenal single, working-class, mother. Cut my teeth in the hostile gang culture in South Central from the mid-70’s til the late 80’s. Was introduced to the New Afrikan Independence Movement, by way of the Spear & Shield Collective, in 1986, while in the SHU at San Quentin. It was also in 1986 that i became a Shakur. I am a founding cadre of the August Third Collective and a combatant in the New Afrikan Peoples Liberation Army.
I have had an indeterminate SHU term since 1989, for being a threat to the safety and security of the institution – presumably CDCR, though i suspect it’s the institution of capitalism. I am an author that has produced pieces for various movement publications over the years as well as a couple of books. Currently working with Kersplebedeb Publishing & Distribution to publish a collection of writings done here in Pelican Bay Security Housing Unit.
i am scheduled for release in Black August 2012.
Writings and Audio by Sanyika Shakur
- An InterviewNancy Kurshan interviews Sanyika Shakur.
- Banned Publication
- Class Antagonisms inside the Fundamental Contradiction of National Oppression
- Free Range Predators :: Sanyika Shakur
- Get Up For The Down Stroke :: Sanyika ShakurA response to: Black Liberation in the 21st Century: A Revolutionary Reassessment of Black Nationalism
- Mafia Magazine Interview Part 1 of 2The first part of an interview conducted with Sanyika Shakur in 2012, shortly after his release form Pelican Bay’s SHU.
- Mafia Magazine Interview Part 2 of 2The second part of an interview conducted with Sanyika Shakur in 2012, shortly after his release form Pelican Bay’s SHU.
- Monster Kody: an interview wit’ author Sanyika Shakur | San Francisco Bay View
- On Correct Terminology and Spellings
- Study and Struggle: An Overstanding
- The Reverse Nuremberg Defense, Or The Robot Defense :: Sanyika Shakur
- To Be Like…
- Who are you? | San Francisco Bay View
Sanyika Shakur, 2011