Two news items from the mainstream media today in regard to the standoff at Caledonia:
- Canada rebuked again for failing to protect rights; UN watchdog panel revisits economic, social, cultural issues in harsh review, puts Canadian delegation on defensive; Hamilton Spectator May 9th
- Natives meet federal mediator Tuesday; Ottawa Citizen May 9th
Here also is a summary of videos related to the Caledonia standoff that have been uploaded to the Autonomy & Solidarity site:
- Jaqueline House speaks on the Gravesite discovered at Six Nations Reclamation Site
- Interview with Rolf Gerstenberger, President of Steelworkers Local 1005 on supporting Six Nations
- Video Footage from April 28th Toronto Rally in Solidarity with Six Nations Blockade – Jaqueline House
- Video Footage from April 28th Toronto Rally in Solidarity with Six Nations Blockade – “Chaos”
- Video Footage from April 28th Toronto Rally in Solidarity with Six Nations Blockade – Charlie Mercer (CUPW)
Also, Fiona Becker, Meg Leitold & Sarita Ahooja have produced an in-depth report recorded at the Six Nations land reclamation site, featuring interviews with residents of Six Nations & their indigenous supports from throughout Canada. You can listen to the report here.
There is a lot less daily news about the standoff in Caledonia than there was a week or two ago – and understandably so. If the situation changes i will be sure to post news, but otherwise i will probably stop posting these daily media roundups. I encourage everyone interested to check out the constantly updated Settles In Support of Indigenous Sovereignty website’s Six Nations Solidarity page.